For me these are suggestion for how to be a great boyfriend. I realize no one is perfect but if you're looking to please your lady these are some pretty good tips for the average lady
- When in doubt- flowers, jewelry and homemade cheesy gifts ALWAYS work
- Be a man, not a boy. Always defend your lady
- You have nothing if you don't have good communication and respect
- Your girlfriend is for loving, not insulting or being mean to
- Make good with their friends/family, their opinion will always matter because they're the people that have always and will always be there (and they will always be on her side, sorry)
- Never ever ever call her a bitch or a cunt or make her the brunt of a sexist joke. Its degrading.
- Romance is important at every phase of the relationship, keep things fresh and exciting and it will pay off
- The gifts, cards, flowers and sweet things you do for no reason or no occasion are more memorable then the things you do on a birthday or valentines day (although we love those things too!)
- If you are always telling your girlfriend she's hot, try saying beautiful instead. Hot makes a girl feel cheap after a while.
- Be careful what you say in the heat of an argument: she will probably never forget it and it probably is not necessary. Be the boyfriend who cares, not hurts.
- Girls love things like America's Next Top Model, painting their nails and Spice Girls the way you like Video Games, beer and Creed. Let us stop acting so surprised when a girl does something girly or a man does something manly
Extra gooey brownie point tips (for when you want you girlfriend to call and gush about you to everyone she knows)
- If you get into a big fight, send of bring her flowers with a card that says something like "Sorry babe, I shouldn't talk like that" or whatever. She will most likely forget the fight but remember the flowers (thats good!) and it shows you don't rely on excuses for bad behavior
- Make her dinner (bonus points if its a surprise, surprises are always good)
- Call her parents or friends just to say hello
- Write her a poem or a song or make her a picture if you're an artist
- Puppies, puppies, puppies
- Suck up how it makes you look sometimes and participate in what she likes